Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Here we go!

Hi everyone! This seems to be the thing for new mommies to do, so I'm joining the ranks of internet publishers. Bear with me as I get this thing rolling...I'm not the most technically saavy, but I think even I can handle this! I hope to keep you all updated with photos and events in our lives on a regular basis. Right now Reina doesn't do much but eat, sleep and poop, but she excels at those!

She's a little over 5 weeks old and already sleeps an average 4-5 hour stretch through the night. Don't laugh. I'm thrilled with that much. Those of you who know my regular sleeping habits (non-functional with less than 8 hours) will understand.

She loves looking at her jungle gym toys, she kicks and coos at them. She has met 2 milestones just today as well. She finally didn't scream and actually fell asleep when placed in her swing (so I could eat breakfast at noon despite being awake since 7am). She also has "graduated" to big girl pants: size 1 diapers, a step up from the newborn size. After the first few weeks of her life were spent trying regain her birthweight and learn how to eat, this was quite an accomplishment.

Reina is already a sports fan thanks to Bill's influence, her favorites being the Bengals, Buckeyes and Reds. She has as many jerseys as she does silly pink outfits! Bill is already planning the numerous family outings (maybe some will have to be daddy-daughter days...) to the Red's Stadium in the spring and summer months.

The dogs, Jedi and Hermes, are very interested in Reina, not at all aggressive. They want nothing more than to lick her face and bring her their toys when she cries. Once she's mobile, I'm sure they will realize her potential as an endless food source! They do act a little jealous of attention at times, mostly wanting to play catch while she's being fed a bottle. The cats don't want anything to do with her, she's just another dog to them.


Bill in heaven with baby and puppies

Putting this together has been much easier than I thought. I was going to go walk at the gym with her today instead...Take care everybody and talk to you soon. Hopefully even see some of you on Reina's first trip to Nana and Grandpa's in a few weeks. Until then, stay tuned.

Reina's first tummy-time, she loves her monkey moblie!

2 comments:

Rod said...

Very cute Annie. Andrew used to have that much hair, but it is thinning already, just like mine! I hope she is a huge sports fan, but she will be one step up on her dad and not root for Dallas!

Giselle said...

Yea! I'm so glad I'll get to keep up with Reina. And trust me, no one can be as technologically inept as me. I still haven't figured out how to do fancy things on my blog...you'll have to teach me in a few months when you figure it out.