Sorry for those of you still out there checking to see if I have updated this lately. I have been tragically deficient in my blogging the past week and a half since we left for vacation. Since I am leaving home again tomorrow to visit my family for Easter, I am trying to provide you, dear reader(s?) with some quick insight into our lives recently while Reina amuses herself in her pack and play. Time is limited....
Reina and I travelled on a plane together for the first time on our way out to Big Sky/Moonlight Basin, Montana. There we joined Bill and some friends for a ski vacation in their fabulous and cozy condo on the mountain. Reina did ok on the plane, crying and fussing mostly just before takeoff, I don't think to the point that she annoyed too many other travellers. Oh well if she did, I brought my earphones, they should have too!
Montana was like a postcard, or an Ansel Adams photo, except in color. It was gorgeous! So unlike the farmland Midwest we are used to. No wildlife sightings but we did have snow, about a foot while we were there. Bill had a blast relaxing (finally) and remembering he loved to ski. Looks like another expensive hobby to add to the list behind scuba diving. I actually got on skis for the first time in my life as well. If you're aware at all of my athletic prowess then you know this was no small feat! Reina had a first on the trip also, she rolled over 3 times from front to back! Of course she hasn't done it since, probably just the altitude.
She has really developed into a fun little person over the past few weeks. She is much more smiley and communicative. She is very close to giggling and clearly loves to grin at her Daddy. Bill says his favorite sound in the world is her cooing...insert watery mama smile here.
Ok, enough chatter, here are some photos. More to come later when I can commandeer them from Bill's laptop.
Bill and I at Moonlight Lodge fireplace with hot chocolate
view from condo in the snow
hey Pebbles, where's BamBam?
there's BamBam!
serendipitous twinning


No comments:
Post a Comment