Sorry you haven't heard from me for a while. Some minor excuses, not the least of which being the arrival and immediate need to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (don't worry, I wouldn't dream of spoiling it for you...but I would definitely like to talk about it so hurry up and finish the book!). Reina has been going through some growing pains over the past week. She has sprouted 2 nubs on her bottom jaw that we believe will eventually turn into teeth. They are sharp little suckers! Her enjoyment in chewing on everything in sight, except food on a spoon, has tripled. They're not full fledged teeth yet, just teeny little guys peeking out of her gums.
Reina has also had some very pleasant nose drooling over the weekend, either she's inherited some familial allergies already or she's picked up a bug from the child care center at the new gym we belong to now. Yeah, against my couch potato leanings, Bill has got us going to the gym several times a week. I do like the pilates classes and generally don't feel too bad about leaving Reina for a little bit. She seems pretty happy in the infant care room and they recognize her and call her by name now. No chance of her eating or sleeping while there, however, way too much fun to watch!
Some more changes; I am not including photos with this post because I'm typing from work. I am finally out of orientation and we have found someone to watch Reina at our house about 1 day a week. We actually lucked out....she's a trained nanny who has the time flexibility to work with our schedules (not easy), affordable, and the sister of a good friend! We are very lucky and so far so good, even despite Reina's recent tooth crabbiness they've gotten along well. It has been a difficult adjustment, at least for me, but if I have to be at work and away from my peanut, this is a great situation rather than some grubby daycare petri-dish or cranky old lady taking care of 7 other kids!
Bill continues to work long hours in the ICU but is usually home for dinner. I can't remember having so much food in the house for a long time, a lot is actually healthy, too! We had a fun weekend with his friends from work both at Reina's first church festival and trip to a lake house. So instead of writing about doing nothing, I've been too busy to write. I'll work on putting some new pictures up soon. In the meantime, help me mourn the end of the Harry Potter stories and find me something new to read!
p.s. somebody at work did one for everybody, try to make your own Simpson's character, funny! http://www.simpsonsmovie.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Just finished Harry Potter. I started it yesterday morning. My children have been neglected because of that book. I THINK Lily was fed this morning...I'm not sure.
Post a Comment