Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy First Birthday!

We celebrated Reina's first birthday yesterday (although it is actually today) with a family gathering and cookie exchange party. Since I'm not the strongest of bakers it was my ploy to get some home made Christmas cookies! Reina was so very good, despite missing a nap and eating more junk than she ever has in her year-old life. She babbled and played with every toy, not wanting anyone to feel left out. She smiled at everybody and scooted around all day in her tutu. Bill's vote against said tutu was vetoed. We enjoyed so many tasty different treats plus our favorite, Jimmy John's subs! Today, she's sleeping it off a bit while I try to finish with the present wrapping.

Enjoy the following photos. The small ones are from her latest portrait session and I've been eagerly awaiting posting them until today. Sorry if anyone is offended by the nudity. Bill definitely is. Tough noogies.


RMK pre-party, chewing on a farmer friend. Good hair day.

Reina and Nana


First cupcake. Liked the icing, the rest was too much work. Prefers chocolate chip cookies.


first cell phone, tastes delicious!














Sorry all of these portraits are so small. Those sneaky photographers make you think you own the pictures, but then they're teeny tiny online!







5 comments:

Fuller/Goodfriend said...

Happy birthday Reina!

Annie - those pictures are too cute. I agree with you, every little girl needs to own and wear a tutu.

See you guys soon.

Jamie

Giselle said...

Happy Birthday Reina!

I can't believe it has been a year. She is so so cute. I know I say that in every comment, but seriously. She is so cute.

And the year to come is so much more fun. Continue to enjoy her!

PS. Isn't it nice how I don't call you a butthead on your own blog? You butthead.

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day, Reina! We love you! Milo got a look at that cupcake and a nice string of drool followed... beware the giant cousin-baby.

Unknown said...

What great pictures. Happy Birthday Reina!

We are coming to visit on Sunday and staying til new years, and then we are moving back in the late winter, March-ish.

I hope we get to spend a little more time together, and Owen would love a playmate.

Chris

Nakamatachi said...

Annie,
I can't believe she is one! She is so adorable! We love reading this and laughing!
Manette