Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stay At Home Mom

It is official. After 18 months of reluctantly going back to work, albeit part-time, I'm finally getting the chance to try being a full-time mom. I am really looking forward to not stressing about which weekly inservice I need to catch up on or how long it's been since I mixed up ampicillin to give I.V. The beauty of nursing is that you can always get back into it, and, these days, always find a job.
So, that said, Reina has been a crab this week just to keep me honest and on my toes. New teeth, new independence, new favorite word, "no." She has been saying it non-stop, even when I don't think she means it. Just likes to test her power...we are in full swing of boundary testing right now and she's not even two yet! What an over-achiever.

decked out in her patriotic best


celebrating the 4th with Daddy,


and two pediatricians that won't give her shots, Dr. Erik K. and Dr. Dave S.


loves to wear Daddy's shoes


"I'll do it myself!" No more fear of spoons, just wants to have all the control.


Can I have a ring pop, Mama? No.
Can I have a ring pop, Daddy? No.
Can I have a ring pop, Uncle Austin? Totally!


hoppity hop at the new interns picnic...no broken bones, either!

4 comments:

Fuller/Goodfriend said...

Annie,

Congrats on being a full time stay-at-home mom! I know you have been looking forward to this!

Counting down the days until our pampering!

Love,

Jamie

Anonymous said...

now that is girlpower! at its best!!

congrats mama!

auntycath

Lauren Knight said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of stay-at-home-mom-dom.

It is pretty fantastic. And you are fantastic at it!

Anonymous said...

Mama

Wanted you to know that we, Reina's people, expect at least 2 blog postings per week since you are a stay at home mom!!!

xxoo
auntycath