Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Shame, or "Oh Poop II"

Disclaimer: If you are a germaphobe, think I'm a bad housekeeper, bad parent, or bad pet owner, DO NOT READ THIS ENTRY!
For the rest of you whose interest is piqued, read on my friends, with caution...
My beautiful, charming, dainty, picky eater daughter loves to crawl. She's all over the place. She's doing stairs, climbing under chairs and tables, wandering around the closet, kitchen and bathrooms. Nothing and nowhere is sacred. Ok, keep that in mind while I give you the back story.
The past several days have been really rainy and cool here. Hardly any let up in the rain at all, which is great for our lawn, but the dogs get cabin fever. You see, despite being born on a farm, Hermes is 100% city dog. He quivers with the slightest breeze, hence his "sweater of submission", and hates getting wet. Therefore, his trips outside to, uh, do his business, are dreadfully short and sometimes less than efficient on his part. Keeping that in mind, it came as little surprise to us the other morning to discover Hermes had left some tootsie rolls on the floor after a particularly torrential downpour. Well, we thought we got them all...
If you can't see where this is going, you haven't been paying attention. Let me sum up:
Reina (curious, crawling pre-toddler who is very interested in finger foods)
+
Hermes (incorrigible indoor pooper during inclement weather)
+
Bill and Annie (lazy bad parents who encourage child's exploration while poorly supervising)
=
Pooptastrophe of all pooptastrophies!
I'm sorry, I can't write any more. I can't even bring myself to tell you exactly what happened, I'm so ashamed! Reina has now tasted something new, however....
Toothpaste!

who me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEWWwwww! That's taking the organic food kick a bit too far, Annie.

-Nana

Giselle said...

How brave you are to admit to this. I'll never forget when Andrew was throwing rocks in our backyard (I know, great parenting right there), and I was reading a magazine in the glider. He came over to me at one point to show me this cool "rock" he'd found.

I always felt grossed out by that...but now that I know your daughter tasted some...I feel much better. So, thank you.