Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Pretty Much the Best Daddy Ever"

The above comment was self proclaimed by my darling Billy this past weekend during a family trip to the zoo. While introducing Reina to the wonder of large (and apparently underfed) hoofed and horned animals, he experienced a surge of self-esteem regarding his parenting skills. Perhaps there was some deep-seated resentment involving not being allowed to buy the petting zoo food as a kid. With a resourcefulness you all know Bill has, he simply picked up the "free stuff" off the manure paved ground in order to assist our child in feeding these beasts. She seemed to enjoy it, I stayed outside of the fence.

I don't know about "pretty much the best daddy ever," but I can attest to the special relationship he and Reina are forming. They play some weird games, like "tickle bug tag," "let's get Mama," and "eyes" which really have to be witnessed to be understood. I think the fact the Reina is "getting pretty cool" helps because her sense of humor is developing. And she knows where to get the beer and the coke if Daddy needs one. She knows when Daddy goes bye bye he goes to the "hopeeta" or flies up in the "hopica" and runs to the door whenever he comes home again.

As you'll see further down, they were destined to be buddies from the start. Like I said, "best ever" could be a little bit overinflated ego, but I'll wager he's in the top 5.


Sorry for the glare, small fingerprints on the lens. Reina's feeling a little too up close and personal with these goats.


More Reina's speed, she used to giving cookies to Jedi and Hermes
January 2007, in love

Also January 2007. Ah yes, it's football season again. And this time Reina can say "Buckeye!"

4 comments:

Giselle said...

If there's one thing those UD boys have in common, it's their modesty. When I tease Jeff about it, he always replies, "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm the most modest person I know."

But Bill is a pretty awesome Daddy. It's so sweet that he is so twitterpated by his little girl. It makes me hope you have another. In fact, how about all girls for Billy!

Kristin Knight said...

funny, this seems to be the week of the Zoo, you will have to check out my blog for some for fun feeding goats...by the way we took dog food to the zoo.

Annie said...

Dog Food! Now that's a thought...unless it is made with goats. Is there such a thing as mad-goat disease?

Sounds like Ryan may be harboring some of that same disappointment for being deprived goat-feeding privileges all those years ago.

Kristin Knight said...

Ryan is definitely bummed that he isn't getting to do all the fun thing that the kids and I have been up too. I don't think it would be as bad if I was working and the kids were in daycare all day long, but right now the kids and I are always on the go with the gym/pool, play dates, gymnastics, and numerous special outings. The next month he is working a lot of evening and swing shifts in the ED, so hopefully he might have a few daylight hours to do some special things with the kids.

And if you guys come to town, we will have to hit up the zoo.