On the flights down and back, Reina was as good as gold, more than to be expected from a two-year-old in a confined space. Travel was a hassle free as possible and the direct flight certainly added to that luxury. As usual, Reina learned some new things from her "big" cousins Liz and Ava, like it's cool to use the potty. Ava, who is still learning, had a cheerleader with her every time she had to go. Reina even made some of her own attempts at times. Baby Casey got an extra big sister for the week to smother him with hugs and kisses and all the kids really seemed to enjoy each other's company.
Bill and I got taken down memory lane as we "helped" Andrea study for her high school exams. Once we did the math to discover how long it had been since we had our own high school exams, the memory lane trip was less appealing. I'm not sure how much help we were with her tests, either. Billy's descriptions of Civil War General McClellan as being "3 foot five and riding a Shetland pony" stuck in her head, but alas were totally fabricated.
The three of us enjoyed a pre-birthday trip to the McKenna Children's Museum and I was amazed at Reina's unwillingness to leave! She loved painting on an easel for the first time, shopping in the play grocery store and especially taking care of the babies in the miniature hospital's nursery. As we were leaving, she tried to keep one of the baby dolls and expressed her displeasure at not being allowed. She also tried to get back in the museum once we left...looks like we'll have to start checking out our local activities. I had no idea she would love it so much already!
For her birthday, she got a realistic and cuddly baby boy doll from Bub and Gram. He also came with his own stroller, bouncy seat, play mat and travel crib. Looks like we're all set for when baby brother arrives. Right now, "other baby" doesn't have a name, but I suspect he will get one when Mr. Speck does, too.
Now we are home and it is cold, and time to think about Christmas again. A few more things to wrap before the fun starts with family get-togethers. Back to work for Bill, a little bit of laundry for me and some catching up on naps for Reina. Enjoy the pictures and videos!
Reina specifically asked for strawberries on her cake this year, it was a yummy ice cream filling!


3 comments:
Bah humbug.
Sorry, I couldn't resist the challenge.
You guys look like you had a blast! Wish we could have been there! I LOVE the picture of Reina in the waiting room. Classic. Oh, and did she choose the broccoli in that shopping cart? If so, I'm impressed.
But the dance moves could use some work. Milo can help next week. Just kidding! She's the best!
I am so glad you enjoyed the kids museum, I am a little jealous that I went back to work this week. It looks like you had a ton of fun.
Have you taken Reina to the Cincinnati Children's museum? Both my girls love it. It's a great place to spend a cold winter morning!!! let me know if you want to go sometime. I can show you the ropes. A membership isn't that expensive, maybe $100 a year. Well worth the money. Makes a great Christmas gift:)
Post a Comment