Ok, so I know in the last post I wrote Reina was once again happy and healthy. Errr. Wrong. The human petri dish strikes again and Bill's down for the count at well with sore throat, cough, etc. Oh well, I guess that's life. Here I thought Reina had some superhuman immune system having, knock on wood, never had an ear infection or been on antibiotics. Still hasn't (if you don't take the temperature they don't have a fever, right?) but as she gets older and is around more kids I think the family crud machine will be getting hit more often.
She's been ok, really, mostly happy during the day and a constant stream of snot from her nose. She loves to read books now and has learned that cookies are kept in the pantry. Every time the door is open she makes a beeline and giggles while reaching up at the packages. Despite my best attempts to ensure otherwise by offering only unsweetened fruits and veggies, this kid has inherited my love for chocolate. The Easter bunny is right around the corner.....carrots for baby, chocolate for mama!
We are heading out of town again this weekend, to visit Bill's family in Texas. It'll be the first time all the cousins have been together since Thanksgiving and Reina's got some new skills to show off. And, I'm sure, some new ones to learn as she tries to keep up with the "big" girls Elizabeth and Ava as well as not get flattened by her "little" cousin Milo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Let the flattening begin! Milo has also mastered some new skills, such as "death claw" and "monster bite." Bring on the snotnose!
Post a Comment