Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Chillin

As I look out the window right now, our apparent 1st "snowmagedden" of 2009 has started. The snow is actually quite beautiful and floating slowly down in medium sized flakes, no blizzard-like conditions or stinging sleet or anything like that. It is starting to stick on the roads, so hopefully traffic won't be too bad for Bill getting home, although it isn't even deep enough to cover our grass yet (granted the last time it was mowed was in August, I think). The real problem that people are likely to rush out to the grocery for milk, bread and eggs is coming tomorrow when the high temperature will only be 12 degrees Fahrenheit. In our city, even less than dramaitc weather conditions get hyped out of proportion.

I'm a little bummed about the temp, I was looking forward to actually getting out with Reina to play in the snow, but if it is too cold, we'll have to make our fun inside. Not that I mind, I'm not fed up with winter yet. I love the indoor creature comforts that come with hibernating, like tea, my electric mattress cover, books and precious quiet. I think I'm enjoying it extra this year since I know it all will change in a few short weeks.

Meanwhile, Reina has started to sing real songs. Starting around Christmas with "Jingle Bells" and "Happy Birthday" she has moved on to songs she's only heard a few times from kid CDs as well as some old standbys. Please enjoy her dancing/singing in the videos and have a cozy day!

I'll be drinking something hot while pondering how to tackle cleaning out Speck's closet-to-be.

4 comments:

Lauren Knight said...

Shoot! That was quite a spill! I'm impressed by her quick comeback and concern for the babies involved in that accident. I am worried for Reina's future real babies... and Speck.

Love the singing, and the "uh-oh, ouchie!"

Giselle said...

Oh. She is deliciously cute. It hurts my heart that she and Lily cannot play more...they were made for each other.

Kristin Knight said...

I wouldn't mind seeing a flake or two.

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. At this rate, the next post will be about Reina's prom!