After somewhat wishing we could play outside in the snow, Mother Nature seems to have complied. The combined efforts of yesterday's and today's snowfall have rendered me unable to distinguish between yard, sidewalk and street....despite my and some neighbor kid's best efforts to shovel yesterday. Reina got out to help as well, mostly scooping up snow and putting it back where I had removed it. We tried our best to make a snowman, but yesterday's snow just wasn't the packable kind, as you'll see from our diminutive little guy perched on the porch rail and decorated with cupcake sprinkles.
Today, we had planned to meet friends Ann and Brayden at an indoor playground to burn off some energy, however, since there was at least 1/2 inch of ice in between layers of snow on our driveway, (and Bill took the car with 4WD to work, I guess that's a priority), plans are off.
Other than vegging out in front of the tv, we may try some artistic exploration or just read some books. Fine by me. As I have no doubt often mentioned, I like cozy things and nothing is cozier to me than being surrounded by the quiet of a world filled with snow while staying warm and cuddly inside, with something hot to drink of course...and likely a book. Thank goodness we still have power, as many do not from the ice storm! I kind of wish we had a little sled for Reina, but then I'd have to pull it, also, we have nothing that resembles a hill.
That's all I've got for now, a busy day of doing nothing planned...hope the weather doesn't screw up anybody else's day too much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Looks like you had Supa Fun!
What's snow?
BTW, I have a size 2 pink Columbia snow suit (jacket and bib overalls). Email me if you have any use for it or know someone who might, I don't want to give it to a TX goodwill.
Love the snowman. We didn't have enough to attempt a snowdude. Milo likes yours, though!
Wish we were there to enjoy a cup of tea and good book!
I think this hibernation calls for some famous Annie homemade hot cocoa. Gee, I never knew you liked being cozy!
-Moira
Post a Comment