Friday, January 30, 2009

Couple Bites

These photos have nothing to do with the topic, but they were ones I don't think I've put up before, from Halloween. Can't post without photos! Reina is practicing her sisterly skills with little friend Jonah.

"Nice baby Nonah"



So, before I get swept up into new-baby-mode, I wanted to jot down a couple (sound) bytes of things Reina has been saying lately that either make us laugh, roll our eyes, or even cringe at times. Before I forget from sleep deprivation.

This is by no means an exhaustive list, just what I wrote down over our tuna salad for lunch. Here they are, in no particular order:


"sha-bye" of course...see sha-bye (also means "I don't know")
"couple bites!" (usually when she's proud of herself for eating something)
"I need my ________, please"
"my do dat"
"I no yike it"
"bowl cereal" (in response to EVERY question regarding what she wants to eat)
"moo me table. please." (excuse me from the table please...less and less prompting required, can usually just tap the table with a finger to get her to say it)
"vatch a VV? Elmo? Feecaball? Crubs?" (that last one is "Scrubs," her and Bill's nighttime favorite)
"my go potty"
"I sit down. I sit down right here"
"I no yink so" (she's a deep yinker)
"Nice to meet you ______!" (mostly said to previous acquaintances, like me)
"go way Jedi"
"Daddy go? Verk. Hopita. Donuts?" (as in "time to make the...", not like Bill's bringing them home)
"know my ABD's, know my ABD's" (this one is sung, over and over)
"mout a Meenies" (it seems Hermes needs to go outside, Mother)
"vatch ouk a weeno googies!" (watch out the window doggies!)
"Crebables" (The Incredibles is a new favorite movie)

And my two favorites:
"I vuh you"

and

"Pretty soon, Speck"



4 comments:

Giselle said...

How are you already 34 weeks pregnant? Dear God, it must be almost February or something.

I can't wait wait wait to see the little guy.

But one question...what is Feecaball? Are you guys throwing fecal matter around? Is it on tv?

Fuller/Goodfriend said...

Can I be as good at posting as you? Seriously! You've done great lately.

Reina is cute as always and I'm getting very excited to meet the new guy! Any names yet? I hear Jamie can go both ways....

Anonymous said...

Can she, now?
I'd like to see that...

Annie said...

Clean it up anonymous or I am going to start blocking you. This is a family blog for cripe sake.