After last night's torrential rain and hurricane force winds, I'm having deja vu over our roof. I spent a part of the day today filing ANOTHER claim with the insurance company to try to get them to buy the new roof they should have bought after September 2008's Hurricane Ike-in-the-Midwest storm. Ugh. No word yet. At least this time around I feel like I'm a little bit of educated on the subject, not that I wanted to be.
In other events, Reina is becoming a shoe diva. She has tried on and off both pairs of her "real"shoes today numerous times. Sometimes on the correct feet. Then of course there are the "princess shoes" that she primarily runs around the house in. In addition, she has been excited to test out her new frog rain boots, which were admittedly an impulse buy at Target today. I'll have to get some pictures, they are darn cute. Then, of course are her ballerina slippers from Aunt Kristin. Shoes shoes shoes! She'd better start saving her pennies now.
A mini fashionista at Walmart of all places...Aunt Jen would be proud. Hannah Montana hat and Tinkerbell purse. Yuck. They did not come home with us.
I continue with my extended nesting, rearranging things here, putting stuff in the give away pile there, with the occasional paint touch up or scrubbing of kitchen cabinets. What a weird instinct.
Poor Bill, his form of nesting both this time and with Reina has been to burn the candle at both ends in order to have time off after the birth. Dude needs to take better care of himself. I'm sure he'll read this and think "hey! when?"
Does this look like a well rested Daddy?
Speck is presumably still cooperating and no longer breech. His kicks actually wake me up (when I can fall asleep) and his room is ready. I'm about ready, too. At least as much as one can be to go from one to 2 kids with no previous experience! Next week has me a bit nervous since Bill will be out of town a couple days, but we still have 3-ish weeks till the official due date. Cross your fingers for me that Speck doesn't come before then!
I'll work on better/more pictures for my next post. I've been so preoccupied with taking things down and putting them away I haven't been taking more of Reina. Or contributed to her baby book recently. Oh crap, a baby book. Sorry Speck, second child. I'll try buddy!


2 comments:
Don't worry, you are going to do great with two. And that nesting instinct couldn't come at a better time, right?
As for the whole baby book thing... I'm struggling just to keep up with Milo's two-year journal, and he's my only! But they are so worth the time and effort, don't you think?
Billy,
You are an ugly man.
Fuller
Post a Comment