This was yesterday. Since then, we've had one unsuccessful nap, but a successful quiet time in her room...putting away all her toys after "nap time" is a small price to pay. We did have success at bedtime. Bill put her to bed with Hermes' help, and no mention of binky was made by any party.
Today, we are trying nap time sans binky again...less successful than yesterday at her keeping quiet, but she sounds entertained through the door I am refusing to open or acknowledge just yet! By bedtime, she'll be exhausted enough again to go down without a fuss. Hopefully, this is a sign of binky adjustment, not a sign of giving up nap time! Have I done myself a disservice?
Most of you know that binky was reserved just for sleep and occasional longer car rides, and yet I still didn't anticipate the transition to be easy. We'll keep our fingers crossed and see. I doubt she'll enjoy seeing her baby brother with one. Poor kid will have to learn early to defend his stuff.
Pending ultimate triumph with this project, I'm planning to squeeze in potty training in the last week and half before the baby arrives, just so we can have her all grown up in time. I think she'll do just fine and not back-slide at all.
Only kidding.



2 comments:
Perhaps you should squeeze in teaching her how to change diapers as well. That could be really useful ;)
Hopefully her transition will be very easy. Sometimes the things you think are going to be hard are so easy...and vice versa. Binkies are one thing I am VERY glad my kids never liked (even though I tried and tried when they were babies). But Mikey really likes his thumb...how do you think we'll get rid of that one? Can't exactly throw it away...so Binkies are probably preferable to thumbs :)
I'm getting so excited about baby Knight I almost can't stand it. We will be in Cinci April 9-13...I WILL see that baby (and the rest of you too, of course) ;)
What's that above Reina's head in the first picture, kind of looks like a potato.
Post a Comment