Last night Reina had a babysitter for the first time ever. Sort of. My parents came down for the afternoon/evening on a day both Bill and I had plans. I went to a cooking class with my friend Kristen. It was fun, less hands on than I had wanted but we got to eat some great stuff! As far as leaving the kid, however, it took some will power not to call and check in during our break. It's weird, when you become a parent you use what you've learned growing up in order to raise your kids, but at the same time you feel like you have to tell your parents just how to do things. Does that make any sense at all?
Everyone made it through the evening just fine despite Reina refusing to go to sleep and Grandpa getting to 49 out of 99 bottles of beer. I brought my parents a gourmet chocolate lava cake mix as a thank you, it cost $6.99. That's $2 and hour plus tip, which is what I made as a babysitter. Can that be possible? No wonder I did banquet serving in high school instead!
Reina and her friend Brady on the day before Valentine's day. He was 5 weeks premature and 7 pounds 15 ounces! Here he is 4 days old, Reina is 2 months old at 9 pounds 1 ounce. Stay tuned for further documentation of this duo's exploits. It could be gruesome...


No comments:
Post a Comment