Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day of Coze

My inability to regulate my body temperature efficiently in the cold has developed in me an irresistible desire to create the coziest environment possible. For some reason, I feel a stronger instinct to hibernate than my more evolved co-homo-sapiens. Friends and family are starting to catch on to this aspect of my character as evidenced by several of my Christmas gifts this year: tea, hot chocolate, blankets, bubble bath, books...Don't get me wrong, no complaints here, I love it!

Today, we have snow here again, covering up the layer of ice and snow already blanketing our house and yard. It is so quiet, peaceful and beautiful. The kids in our neighborhood don't seem to want to take advantage of it, however. I never saw so few kids on a snowy day. It's even above 15 degrees today! We are "that guy" in the neighborhood that has neglected to EVER shovel our driveway or front walk since the snow started off and on over a week ago. Sorry to any visitors until the thaw...

Bill has gone back to work, bummer. He had me spoiled by being able to be home so long after Reina was born. He already has a cold, too. Darn hospital germs. Fortunately we are safely out of the danger zone when it comes to Reina having fevers. I'm just holding my breath at this point for the inevitable first cold.

Today our agenda includes, aside from the normal feeding, sleeping, pooping schedule: paying several bills, taming the laundry beast, catching up on neglected email, and making Daddy some chicken noodle soup from scratch. An ambitious day for us. Maybe it'll all get done, maybe not.

I start back at work the first week of March and I freely admit it is not by choice. I do enjoy my job and find it rewarding, blah, blah, blah. I just have found a better one in these past 9 weeks. The boss is far more demanding though. I will be part time, working on days that Bill is available to stay with the kid. Still, the transition will be rough. Hopefully me starting in a different role (Transport team vs. ED) will provide enough newness and distraction for me to bear leaving her. I think Bill will have fun those days, too...for the most part!

Having a baby in the winter does certainly allow me to indulge in my most hedonistic coze cravings. We just cuddle together and watch the snow or dumb old movies, listening to the classical music station, drinking tea/warm bottle and trying to bathe by noon. Perfect.




here's my girl, in her own cozy uniform, snuggly warm fleece, albeit pink

could I possibly have a BLUE-EYED child?

a genuine smile, watch the snow melt

No comments: