Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Slacker

So for those of you still checking this site periodically....I have been quite the slacker at posting lately. Sorry to disappoint. I have learned how to wash dishes, do laundry and cook with one hand, but typing is much more difficult! I will do my best to fill in the gaps of the past 2 weeks.

Last week, Reina and I and went (with the dogs) to my parents' house for a few days while Bill was at a conference in San Francisco. I think her Grandpa and Nana enjoyed seeing Reina for an extended period of time, even during her cranky periods in the evenings. They did confess to being more tired than usual after we left, however. While there, Reina met my grandparents, Memere and Pepere, and aunt and uncle, Bob and Marilynne for the first time. She also met my "aunt" Cathi as well.

One day, Mom and I took her to get her portraits taken. A 15 minute session stretched into 2 hours while my darling sweet girl screamed her head off. The photographer was very patient (they specialize in kid's pictures) but nevertheless I was about to give up on any good shots when Reina finally cooperated and we got some great ones!

Upon arriving home, we continued our busy week with a family reunion on Bill's side surrounding the celebration of his Nana's 80th birthday. Reina got to meet several more family members including her cousins Elizabeth (2 years old today) and Ava (almost 6 months). The 3 little girls were very cute together and got to spend time playing with their Gina-mom (Bill's mom).

Yesterday, Reina met yet another person, Brayden, the new baby of our good friends, Ann and Scott. He was born 5 weeks early on Saturday but was already nearly 8 pounds, a weight Reina just recently surpassed. It surprised me a little to see how much she has grown and developed in such a short time...I still think of her as brand new but she's a big girl already! Brady and his mom are fine however and we're looking forward to doing mommy activities together.

Reina's biggest accomplishment this week has been the confirmation of a genuine social smile. She starts out with a baby bird open mouth face that melts into a wide toothless grin. That's not the only thing that melts when she smiles.

No comments: